March 7, 2008

Dreamer

"You and I were always meant to wake the dreamers from the dark." -Nichole Nordeman

"I can't sleep in the bed I've made.
I can't sleep because I'm wide awake
To the rubble of my failures.
They have choked up the source of grace.

"I am awake, but it feels like falling asleep.
I wander under the sky a sleeping ghost,
Sleeping in a sick land of slick coverings and cheats
That serve to silence my quiet desperations.

"I am a dreamer desecrated by I know not what.
I hover in a hazy maze of monotonous monstrosities,
Hiding hearts and hopes; concrete pillows for broken heads
And broken souls, which lie like shards of glass
Forgotten.

"I can't sleep in the bed I've made.
If I could, I'd give it away today, forever,
And seek the dream that is awakening.
To sleep; perchance, to wake, and live."

-Jon Vowell (c) 2008

1 comment:

firebirdsinger said...

This is incredible. I just keep reading it.........